Every true programmer needs motivation from time to time ...

10:26 am , Just came to office a couple of minutes back and was going through my email and saw one by Aamir regarding a Windows Phone 7 app contest that was won by a student of Fast and an employee of Pi-Labs :)

I am wondering now that I have been working here for quite some time now and I haven't been able to make one application ... what the hell am i doing here man ... I should do something too .

While I am writing this post , I am also wondering whether to continue posting in English or should I turn to Roman Urdu , or may be try a mix of both ... just a kind of thing i needed to keep me thinking all day ... bye for now , going to do some work ;) .

10:50 am, hmm, since my PM has not come yet and I have no considerable work to do I am now self exploring Groovy on Grails. Also I have just added Twitter widget now to my blog :)

2:54pm, I have decided that from tomorrow my posts will be Roman Urdu + English both to make my self express more. At the moment it looks dry. I have got work now about myProgress , a new app but having almost the same contents as Myomo. I have also asked my GD i.e. the graphics designer to change Speed Test custom control from Thermometer to Vintage Thermometer I found at mindtherobot.com . It will be easy for me to work on that because the Dialer view I implemented on Myomo uses same vintage thermometer like custom control.

3:00pm, No android devices free for me to test my bluetooth connection for the new project myProgress. Oh what the well, moving on to the next feature ..

5:18pm, Have added splash screen on myProgress application , thanks to tutorials i found on google and stackoverflow members for their help. They tried to solve a bug i asked to resolve . In the end it was apparently emulator bug , on device it runs fine. The link of the question is this : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4668111/android-splash-screen-bug

Almost forgot , I also had a discussion with Sheeraz today regarding that Windows Phone App (Kick Now) and he gave an idea to make one for cricket as world cup is also approaching. Hmm , nice idea but how to do that ? Well when I explored that Kick Now app, it takes it data in xml format through rss feeds of Goal.com and then render in a presentational format and displays it to the user. Wow, good idea... I'll inshallah do that too for my cricket application. The main website feeds I am gonna target is www.cricinfo.com. Danish has agreed to do Graphics work. Now all i have to do is explore Rss feeds of cricinfo.com for my work. It will be a great app if i got ball-by-ball coverage on my mobile phone :)

6:32pm, Feeling tired just came back from maghrib prayers .. trying to find a website that can possibly give me feeds for my app

Comments