27 July 2011 (Wednesday)

10:14 AM, Surfing Facebook and Youtube :). Finally kal yahan pe zabardast baarish huwi hai toh mausam acha hogaya hai :). And yes, kal Folio3 main Mango Party bhe thi with Biryani and cold drinks. Project ki updates kuch yun hain ke I have released version 2.3.11 of my Project to Quality Assurance (QA) . QA naye tests complete kernaye ke baad bta dia tha mjhe ke he hasn't found any bugs and is going to release it to the client. Hmm, Finally Phase 1 of the Project has been completed with all the change requests by the client. I am thinking he will now take again 2-3 weeks for beta testing before accepting the project. In the meantime, me and my Team Lead (TL) are going to work on the second phase of the project which was temporarily suspended because of the change requests in Phase 1 by the client.

10:24 AM, Folio3 main aaj kal reviews chal rahey hain. A/c to my Project Manager (PM), mera review complete hogaya hai, and I should expect a meeting with the Human Resources (HR) people about the salary increment and bonuses. Me and my friends have introduced some code words, "Peanuts", "Chocolate Bar", "Snickers" to indicate how much salary increment they have got ;).

10:30 AM
, My next task is to make a Custom Graph, with scrolling functionality. Since it is an independent task, the TL can take the hardware and the android device and work on other features of the Project. Hmm, baki I'm going to write later, abhi thora kaam ker ke ata hun ;)

3:54 PM, Hmm, I do have found a library named GraphView to make static graphs, with Scrollable and Scalable (using MultiTouch) functionality, but the problem is that it is only made up for LineCharts, and we want it for the Line and Bar Charts both. I am going to try and search for other open source libraries, but I'm thinking of building a Bar Chart library using and learning from his LineChart code :)... In the Project status meeting, the PM told us that he has got the money for the Team Party (@Rs800/person). After some thought we have decided to go to Highway on Friday night and eat Dampokh (Mutton with stuffed rice).

6:25 PM, Finally :) ... I learnt from the code of Jones91 "http://www.jjoe64.com/2011/07/chart-and-graph-library-for-android.html", who has made a line chart graph library. I modified it, and now it can be used to draw Line as well as Bar Charts. It is scalable, and scrollable, and it adjusts according to Portrait or Landscape screens :). My Bar Chart somewhat looks like this ...
























7:51 PM, I have forked his project "https://github.com/shahabhameed/GraphView", integrated my changes in it , and have sent a request to merge my changes in the original project :). Let's see what happens.

7:56 PM, I have just got the notification, that he is going to merge my changes in his library. :) Main toh cheeta ho gaya hun ;) ....

9:11 PM, I have done some customizations (colors themes, background, fonts ) to the charting code to integrate it with my project code. Hmm abhi toh main thak gaya hun ... Baki kaam kal kerun ga aker ... bye :D ..

Comments