The Day I Died

It was the 21st of August and I was on my way home talking to a friend on the cellphone when I died ...

It was an accident... that I knew was coming giving the sort of reckless life I was living. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. I left behind my parents, a brother and a sister. It was a painful death. The EMT's tried their best to save me, as all the King's men tried to put Humpty together ... but failed. My body was so utterly shattered that I was better off dead than alive, trust me.

As someone said.. in life, as in art, some endings are bittersweet especially when it comes to love. Sometimes, fate throws two lovers together only to rip them apart. Sometimes, the hero realizes his mistake and makes the right choice but the timing is all wrong. And as everyone knows.. "Timing is Everything". And everyone on the sidelines watching are thinking in their minds that there must be a twist in the story and everything will be fine in the end, as the fairy tales like to say "and they lived happily ever after.. " but it seldom is.

People say time heals all wounds. But, they do leave a scar that reminds them of what they have been through (and survived). I do have memories, the good ones and the bad .. and what I can do now is cherish the good ones and hope to get rid of the ones that haunt me in my dreams. I am remembering all those memories as I am writing this post.. those act of kindness, those sad moments when we left each other, those fake fights, those discussions on weirdest of topics, those good-morning messages, those recommending movies to each other, those trying to understand each other better. Some of these are realities and some of them are the manifestation of my subconscious if things had gone right.  

It was time for me now to move on to my next life.. I pictured her face and with a heavy heart closed my eyes for the last time wishing she would find one day her prince, searching for her on that white horse, fighting with all the evils that have captured her and rescue her as she deserves to be rescued.

So now you know this little secret of mine ...  It was the 21st of August and I was on my way home talking to a friend on the cellphone when I died ...

Comments